Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:29:23 -0600

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 14:27 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> This seems to be working now. I still get this error
>
> (#f unexpected syntax #f () #f)
>
> Otherwise denemo seems to be running fine. I think before I did not
> give it enough time for the modules to compile or something. Shall I
> push this commit to git?

I think there will be at least some - perhaps many - commands not
working. Test instrument name and editing the instrument name once it is
set. These depend on denemo.scm parsing correctly, and I think if
denemo-modules/scheme.scm fails to parse the rest of the code is
abandoned.
I clicked on the instrument name button and renamed it successfully. I got this when I hit the tab key to insert a triplet even though triplets are working via Notes/Rests->Tuplets->insert triplet:

** (denemo:27357): WARNING **:
The tag is

syntax-error

But if the option to use guile-2.0 is just that - an option - then it
could go into git I guess...

After I installed guile-2.0, denemo could no longer find my guile-1.8.pc. I checked with find and it was indeed gone. I think this is a fault in the packaging. I read in the guile manual that these are kind of "slotted" to where they are designed to allow installation of a multitude of versions. pkg-config provides the CFLAGS and LIBS of 1.6, 1.8, or 2,0 based on the guile-2.0.pc file. I am using ubuntu 12.04 and I still see guile-1.6 in the repositories. There is an environment variable I can set and guile will list all depreciated code. I will check into that.