Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guile 2.0 support
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:00:45 +0000

On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 18:29 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 14:27 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         > This seems to be working now. I still get this error
>         >
>         > (#f unexpected syntax #f () #f)
>         >
>         > Otherwise denemo seems to be running fine. I think before I
>         did not
>         > give it enough time for the modules to compile or something.
>         Shall I
>         > push this commit to git?
>

>         I think there will be at least some - perhaps many - commands
>         not
>         working. Test instrument name and editing the instrument name
>         once it is
>         set. These depend on denemo.scm parsing correctly, and I think
>         if
>         denemo-modules/scheme.scm fails to parse the rest of the code
>         is
>         abandoned.
> I clicked on the instrument name button and renamed it successfully. I
> got this when I hit the tab key to insert a triplet even though
> triplets are working via Notes/Rests->Tuplets->insert triplet:
>
> ** (denemo:27357): WARNING **:
> The tag is
>
> syntax-error

If you have a version of Denemo running guile-2.x then you can test as
follows:

Open the Scheme window in Denemo and choose the File menu, loading
denemo-modules/scheme.scm
Then hit Execute and look in the console for error messages.
If you get one you can delete half the function definitions in the
window and try again. That way you will be able to find which half of
the file has the problematic syntax... repeating the process would
narrow it down further.
(The other approach you mentioned could be even better - turning on a
warn deprecated flag).