Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo-0.9.6 - Czech localization - screenshots

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo-0.9.6 - Czech localization - screenshots
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:48:38 +0100

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 13:03 +0200, Pavel Fric wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > "??? Did you mean there are no more translated strings than in 0.9.4
> > or
> > are you just pointing out that many menus still have untranslated
> > names
> > and tooltips?
> >
> > There will still be untranslated strings in scripted commands, but
> > these
> > are not so very many I think. And still some in the C-code, which I
> > have
> > started work on. And finally there will be a few that are simply
> > forgotten, but we will see those once the large bulk is done."
> >
> Yes, I didn´t compare it, only was surprised by huge amount of
> untranslated texts.
>
> And I had strong feeling, that the texts and tooltips should be
> already translated.
>
> The bug, you´ve discovered could explain that.
yes, it does.

> Now I am not sure I can request further update of rpm (to be able to
> test it) so soon after the Mageia team managed to make new package so
> quickly.
No, they should not make a new package until there is a new release
(although they may have some sort of experimental repository).
> Hopefully you could run the app with Czech locale and test it -> make
> some screenshots, send it to me? :-)
>
> It´s (longterm) task but important to find all translatable strings
> and make the app perfect for users.
yes - it is not so very long term - I have nearly completed work for a
new release :) I will write a separate email (to the denemo-devel list)
about this.
Richard