Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo-0.9.6 - Czech localization - screenshots

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo-0.9.6 - Czech localization - screenshots
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:00:53 +0100

Thank you for the very helpful screenshots. I see that the built-in
menus were still not translatable in 0.9.6. Some (e.g. File menu) got
translated because the word "File" was translated elsewhere in the
program, but most (e.g. "Educational") are not. I have found the bug
causing this and pushed a fix to git.
I've sent the new tarball URI to translationproject.org and hope to get
an email back from them confirming that it is available for translation.

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 21:17 +0200, Pavel Fric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> finally I've installed Denemo version 0.9.6 from Cauldron (i586), but
> what I see after start of Denemo looks very similarly as the state
> before.
>
> The localization file is in the
> path  /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/denemo.mo, so I tried it out
> with the freshly made .mo file from the last version of the file for
> translation project. The result hasn't changed.

??? Did you mean there are no more translated strings than in 0.9.4 or
are you just pointing out that many menus still have untranslated names
and tooltips?

There will still be untranslated strings in scripted commands, but these
are not so very many I think. And still some in the C-code, which I have
started work on. And finally there will be a few that are simply
forgotten, but we will see those once the large bulk is done.

Thank you for your feedback.

Richard