Re: [Denemo-devel] gtk-3 branch

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] gtk-3 branch
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:48:44 -0600

On 11/30/2011 04:06 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
Jeremiah,

I have just noticed that the quick shortcut setting was broken by
adopting the gtk_menu_get_active() accessor. This is in both master and
gtk-3 branch.
I have fixed it in master, and it can be fixed in gtk-3 branch, but I
suspect that it will not be working under gtk3.
To test, pull down the Notes/Rests menu until you get to the Comment
item, and before releasing the mouse press a key to try and set a
I put if GTK_MAJOR_VERSION==3 around this:
action = gtk_activatable_get_related_action(gtk_menu_get_active(GTK_MENU(menu)));

It seems to be working how you described. I clicked on Notes/Rests released on Comments after hitting the c key. It gave me a pop warning saying that that key is already assigned. I applied it anyway to test it. sure enough, I hit the c key and the comment dialog appeared.

shortcut. It was failing until I reverted the use of
gtk_menu_get_active() just now, and I suspect it will fail under gtk3,
unless they have fixed the accessor function.
I seems to work for me.

The problem though is that the gtk documentation says that
gtk_menu_get_active() returns something fairly useless "unless a menu
item has been selected" which AFAICS is only after release of the mouse
button, which is too late for us.
The dialog pops up to change keybinding as soon as I hit the key and before the release of the key.

Jeremiah
Gimp allows you to use quick shortcuts
(Edit->Preferences->Interface->Use dynamic keyboard shortcuts on my
2.6.10 version), but I don't know whether this feature is available with
gtk3.