Re: [Denemo-devel] gtk-3 branch

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] gtk-3 branch
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:06:24 +0000

Jeremiah,

I have just noticed that the quick shortcut setting was broken by
adopting the gtk_menu_get_active() accessor. This is in both master and
gtk-3 branch.
I have fixed it in master, and it can be fixed in gtk-3 branch, but I
suspect that it will not be working under gtk3.
To test, pull down the Notes/Rests menu until you get to the Comment
item, and before releasing the mouse press a key to try and set a
shortcut. It was failing until I reverted the use of
gtk_menu_get_active() just now, and I suspect it will fail under gtk3,
unless they have fixed the accessor function.
The problem though is that the gtk documentation says that
gtk_menu_get_active() returns something fairly useless "unless a menu
item has been selected" which AFAICS is only after release of the mouse
button, which is too late for us.
Gimp allows you to use quick shortcuts
(Edit->Preferences->Interface->Use dynamic keyboard shortcuts on my
2.6.10 version), but I don't know whether this feature is available with
gtk3.