Re: [Denemo-devel] Tab question again

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tab question again
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:58:35 +0000

I have gone thru these steps with my current version and it is not only
working but I can even undo the change to tab with the Undo command :)
This will be in the next release.

But to your problem...

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 13:22 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> Once again, I am trying to get tablature to work.
>
> I got it to work once, but it doesn't appear to be working anymore, maybe I'm
> just following the steps incorrectly. I still have the same version, haven't
> changed anything (git version from 2010-11-22).
>
> I put the insertion point inside a staff, then I open the "Show Scheme"
> window, then I paste in:
>
> (d-DirectivePut-staff-postfix "TabStaff" "<< { \\new TabStaff\n")
> (d-DirectivePut-staff-override "TabStaff" DENEMO_OVERRIDE_LILYPOND)
> (d-DirectivePut-voice-postfix "TabStaff" " \n")
> (d-DirectivePut-voice-override "TabStaff" DENEMO_OVERRIDE_LILYPOND)
> (d-DirectivePut-clef-postfix "TabStaff" "{} \n")
> (d-DirectivePut-clef-override "TabStaff" DENEMO_OVERRIDE_LILYPOND)

I tried this (cutting and pasting from your email) and it worked. If you
look in the console window you may see some message indicating something
bad happened.

> into the window, then I click "Execute Script".
>
> The last time I tried this, a month or so ago, the script put two little
> wrench icons into the staff, and indeed it'd change the staff postfix to
> TabStaff in the generated lilypond. But that's not happening. The script is
> getting saved with the file, but it's not actually DOING anything.

This is what it is doing for me.

> I tried adding
That is you put a file named TabStaff in that directory (in
e.g. /usr/.....share/denemo/actions.... or the equivalent place in
~/.denemo)
AND you used the More Commands to pick up that file?

> the command to actions/menus/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu/TabStaff as indicated in
> http://denemo.org/index.php/Tablature ,

>  but it kept telling me the script was invalid.
When did you get exactly what message (on doing the More Commands) or
after it appeared in the menu on clicking it?

> I also tried "Update commands from internet", but it didn't actually grab the
> TabStaff command into the downloads directory

>  (grabbed a bunch of other commands, but not that one).
you should see them under ~/.denemo .... downloads...actions.... right?
I can see it in git. Possibly the mechanism for placing them on
denemo.org has broken - it is a cron job I think. Jeremiah - can you
check? Because I can see the file TabStaff in git alright.

And I have Tablature in my menu at the moment, and it does exactly what
you describe it used to do for you...

Richard