Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:37:38 +0100

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 01:24 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> I changed the splitmeasure script and it works again. But it is strange, I
> can't reproduce the bug outside of splitmeasure.
> Rshann, you cou try splitmeasure before recompiling and try to move the
> cursor left after splitting? This was the bug, it did not move, but you could
> move up and down and right freely. Once you crossed a barline everything was
> back to normal.
Yes, this bug was present. The clue is the object number in the status
bar becomes -2. This was the sort of thing I thought we might hit if we
try to PopPosition once the position has been destroyed. I haven't
succeeded to make Denemo crash from this state, but scripts should avoid
getting into this state (basically do not pop a position when the number
of **staffs,** **measures** or **objects in measure** before the
position has changed).
Interestingly, your solution is the same as the one I just created:)
So it should be correct now,
Richard