Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.16

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.16
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:17:10 +0000

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 15:58 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Is it possible to use Denemo.ttf (whats in there?)
denemo.ttf is the font used for writing labels that include the notes in
them, so, for example, all the menu items about durations use it, as
well as the notes/rests entry bar.
>  the same way we use the other fonts in windows? Or was this already done, I
> can't remember.
It is not used in a special way, so the fixing of the bug for the other
font should mean that it does not need to be in Windows/fonts any more.
You could confirm this by deleting it from windows/fonts and re-starting
Denemo - I have an idea I have already done this. One curious thing: I
have noticed that even with the newest 0.8.15 versions the strange
behavior of this font being not found until you log out and back in can
occur. I have seen it myself on a completely virgin machine and have a
reliable report of it happening as well. This problem may actually go
away if the font is not installed in Windows/fonts - after all the
problem has been there since the time when that was the only location
for it to be found in.
>  Currently gub still tries to install it to Windows/Fonts.
>
> I'm also investigating right now how to use Denemo instead of GNU_Denemo and
> how to change this "version 0.0.0.0". I was told two times already, but those
> advises came from people who wrote the system and I still have to figure out
> which files and which lines and where are the redundant parts that need
> changes.
Yes - let's aim to make a clean release.

Richard