Re: [Denemo-devel] Automatic JACK startup

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Automatic JACK startup
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:11:06 -0600

On Feb 24, 2010, at 8:50 AM, Nils Gey <address@hidden> wrote:

Please deactivate the automatic startup of JACK-server if you start with InternalSynth/JACK-audio.
Maybe with JACKmidi its on, too, I don't know.

I don't know if we have control over this. I will see.

Starting JACK from within Denemo should not be possible at all.

First this makes things easier because we don't have to keep track with JACK versions and parameters and second the JACK server should only be started if you really want it and with the options you really want. Because of QJackctl and other apps you cannot assume that there is a jack-config anywhere so JACK will just start with default values. Mostly this leads to Xruns or no sound at all.

This was not happening for me. Jack never turns on when I launch even if preferences say to use jackmidi out.

And JACK is still the default Audiodriver of choice for fluidsynth. It should be ALSA. Jeremiah, are you able to change this?

Yes. I can change this.

Jeremiah

Nils