[Denemo-devel] Automatic JACK startup

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Automatic JACK startup
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:50:51 +0100

Please deactivate the automatic startup of JACK-server if you start with
InternalSynth/JACK-audio.
Maybe with JACKmidi its on, too, I don't know.

Starting JACK from within Denemo should not be possible at all.

First this makes things easier because we don't have to keep track with JACK
versions and parameters and second the JACK server should only be started if
you really want it and with the options you really want.
Because of QJackctl and other apps you cannot assume that there is a
jack-config anywhere so JACK will just start with default values. Mostly this
leads to Xruns or no sound at all.

And JACK is still the default Audiodriver of choice for fluidsynth. It should
be ALSA. Jeremiah, are you able to change this?

Nils