Re: [Denemo-devel] RefreshDisplay and MIDI playback controls

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] RefreshDisplay and MIDI playback controls
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:37:00 -0600

On Feb 18, 2010, at 5:11 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
re still some wrinkles in the behavior (e.g. the playback markers
extend only over one staff, and the master tempo control does not behave
nicely after a pause - you can drop the tempo to 0 to pause as well)

I have done all my work against a fluidsynth  version - those parts of
the code not common with jack will need upgrading...

Ok. I updated the Jack code and compared the two different system. There is a bug in the Jack implementation of this so I am going to give it a look through. This is the bug: when I make a selection and click set. I then click loop. It starts out sounding okay but when it loops around I here the first and second notes of the loop together when I am supposed to be only hearing the first note. This is proceded by the second note exactly when it should be. Everynote is there in time it is just that I hear two notes when there should be one note. The pattern selected was a scale passage. Do you know what is causing this. I need to get up to speed on how this looping works. Once I get importmidi accepting multiple voices per staff I want write a script for mma. Mma is a midi accompanyment generator. A user could define chords and then select a style and then the chord list and style will be fed to mma which exports a midi file. The midi file gets imported and provides the accompanyment parts fir the chords defined. Then user can select a range and they can improvise over it. It could turn denemo into kind of a "band in a box".