Re: [Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth build

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth build
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:43:26 -0500

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 14:59 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> I've poked around a bit - it seems --enable-fluidsynth does not test for
> fluidsynth package, while some garbled version of the parameter e.g.
> --enable-junk causes it to test for fluidsynth, which then fails because
> presumably of no fluidsynth.pc
> as I *do* have the required version installed.

I believe this is fixed now. Now I need to make some command available
like --disable-portaudio. Does this sound appropriately labeled? This is
assuming portaudio is to be compiled in by default for purposes of audio
input (pitch detection). If portaudio is disabled there is no need for
libaubio and fftw3 correct? Is there a method of shuting down portaudio
once it has been initialized. Is this even needed? I mostly just need to
make sure that /dev/dsp does not have anything keeping it open with some
sort of lock disallowing other things to write to it. I am not sure if
that is the case or not.