Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Blank WholeMeasureRest and Copy/Paste Anacrusis

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Blank WholeMeasureRest and Copy/Paste Anacrusis
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:12:11 +0000

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 14:57 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Am 27.10.2009 um  Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> > On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 11:04 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > > I noticed there are non-printing rests but the WholeMeasureRest is
> not
> > > there currently. Would be great.
> > ?? It's in git - under Notes/Rests->Rest Entry
>
> Sorry, I was in a hurry. I meant a non-printing whole measure rest.
I have a hazy idea what you might mean - in LilyPond you would see a
blank space between two barlines (where other staffs might have music).
I think this might be easy: what is there inside Denemo is a rest, but
commented out in LilyPond. So you could write a similar script that puts
a non-printing rest of that size, but I guess you could just input one
yourself, as you know which rest fills the measure. Hmm, maybe I don't
understand what you are wanting.

> > > Second: Is the new Anacrusis compatible to copy and paste?
> > should be fine, it is just a standalone DenemoDirective which will be
> > cloned and pasted like any other.
>
> Did you try it? The incomplete measure at start does get copied
> correctly?
Ah, I was forgetting, you copy multiple measures at once, but the
current copy and paste works by pasting the denemo objects into measures
going on when each measure is full. So, since Denemo does not know the
measure is full, it will not paste correctly.

Richard