Re: MIDI connections (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: MIDI connections (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:00:37 -0500

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:31:13 +0100
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 11:15 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > This will all also work better when we embed fluidsynth. I plan
> > on doing that for next release. It seems simple and well documented.
> > What do you think?
> I was thinking the same - jack is overkill for Educational games (and
> much else). I think we could turn the portaudio/aubio stuff into a
> --enable-something that is surround that code with a #if
> HAVE_something...

Is fluidsynth going to be required or is it optional? If optional, is
it the default to use it?

> There may be other things - I think starting on this after this
> release would be a good thing.

I have already implemented fluidsynth on my version here. It was easy
and only took me about a half hour. I only have it doing immediate
playback at the moment. I was anxious to try it out. I have some
questions but won't bother you with it until after the release.

Jeremiah