Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:06:30 -0500

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 16:23 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 09:22 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >

> > Yes. Now. I just remebered that immediate playback should be shut
> > off
> > or the user will here a middle c before each chord. If a script
> > shuts
> > off immediate playback how do I make the change tomporary on scripts
> > like MajorMinor?
> >
> At the start read and record the value of DenemoPrefs_immediateplayback
> into Chordxxxx::initial_immediateplayback at game over (hmm, can we
> intercept closing the movement which is the game???) set the preference
> back to what it was

I think users may exit the game via closing the window or starting a new
score. Then they would be confused as to why playback does not work.
Would it be better if immediate playback worked similar to items in the
view menu (where if you hide a menu but that menu shows on next startup
unless it was toggled off in preferences)?

Jeremiah