Re: [Denemo-devel] Music Games

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Music Games
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:16:59 -0500

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:54:22 +0100
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I like were this is going. Note I had to reduce all the 36 size
> > fonts to 32 and 16 sized fonts to 12. I had to do this so it all
> > fits on my screen. My resolution is only 1024x768.
> I want to stop working on this now, so if you can take over that would
> be great,

Sure. I will take over. I will apply many of the ideas to the other
scripts also. Since many of these example are going to be sharing code
I am going to give a try at making my own init.scm script.

>reducing the font sizes to suit medium spec displays is
> good. Below are other ideas about it that I have had...
> >
> > When does the user know when the game is done?
> I have left it as "do as many as you like", with the new timing aspect
> you could watch your correct hits/second ratio, and try and get it
> high. And when you want to stop you press Print and it prints out
> your score, Oh - and the student's name, but that is just anonymous
> at present - it could do a (d-GetUserName) if we had it, or just ask
> the student to type it in.

I think I will just ask them for their name. I suppose if a university
or school teacher wanted to track student progress (d-GetUserName)
would probably be preferred. Would (d-GetUserName) get user name from
environment variable? It can be used to track users progress in a
scoreboard or some other system... Perhaps a line graph of progress
over time.

> I've just done seconds in the latest check in.

Thanks for all your help in creating this game and providing
excellent example of what can be done with the code.