Re: [Denemo-devel] Music Games

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Music Games
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:14:07 +0100

I have just been trying this (to brush up on my tenor clef, as I have
started playing the cello recently) and one thing I noticed was that it
doesn't clear the old notes when you re-set the score.
I would prefer the pc-keyboard version, and perhaps better still an
audio input version, so I can actually play the notes on the cello.
(perhaps, playing random notes is quite taxing - when I was a student in
Paris they used to do note-naming as part of the regular system, I was
quite slow because the French note names are different, but I remember
the prof saying that doing it on an instrument was quite difficult, and
they reckoned on speaking them out. They had books with random notes in
that you had to recite from.)
Of course, we could do voice recognition..

Richard