Re: [Denemo-devel] ReadingNoteNames Varaitions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] ReadingNoteNames Varaitions
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:45:18 +0100

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 08:02 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 13:09 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >

> > On Jun 24, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > wrote:

> > > It's nice to see some scripts. A few ideas:
> > > The instruction was difficult to read (I read | for l) perhaps make
> > > the
> > > instruction
> > > Insert letter L for line and S for space
> > > (accept upper or lower case then ...)
> >
> > What is the best way to do this?
> I can't claim any expertise here. In C you would just force the case
> (tolower say) and then just test for that.
> However, I have had a thought that would make these sorts of scripts
> easier to write:
> I propose we could have a
>
> (d-FindDirective-standalone tag)
I found a sneaky way to do this, via a script, so it now available. It
creates a standalone directive but keeps the cursor on the directive, so
that you can go on to set the fields without having to move the cursor
left back on to it.

> which would move the cursor to a standalone directive with the named
> tag. (Variants for forward/backward and chord/note/staff directives).
>
> The idea is that you could put a markers in the music and be able to
> find them again, rather than trying to keep track of the cursor (which
> can be tricky in Denemo because of its concept of an appending postion -
> cursor stopping on the barline). Specifically the ReadingNoteNames works
> by putting up notes & then changing their noteheads - relying on
> tracking where the cursor is. Instead the note could have a directive
> attached marking it as the note prompted for, and then the note can be
> found again even if the user has moved the cursor meanwhile.
To make this possible I have created a d-NextStandaloneDirective
command. With this (and querying the tag field) you can find a directive
marking a point in the music.

Richard