Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am

From: Roy Rankin
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:57:08 +1100

The example dist-hook is wrong and would cause a Fedora RPM build to fail as the proper relocated install directory is not used. As has been fixed in the current git version, $(DESTDIR) should be used as follows:

dist-hook:
        cp -r actions ${DESTDIR}/$(datadir)/${PACKAGE}/

Small point but I do not want a previous bad construct used again because of a wrong example.

Regards,
Roy Rankin

Jeremiah Benham wrote:

I copied actions into another folder using cp -a. It preserves the link.
When I put this same command as a dist-hook in Makefile.am like this:

dist-hook:
cp -a $(srcdir)/actions $(distdir)