[Denemo-devel] version 0.8.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] version 0.8.0
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:21:10 +0100

I don't know how the version numbering of even=stable, odd=unstable is
implemented as a policy, but I think we should not put the version at
0.8.0 until we think it is the release. Otherwise we will have people
reporting problems with binaries built from git that describe themselves
as version 0.8.0
Not a problem yet, with so few users; and anyway our previous release is
an odd number, so we don't have a number to use.
I suggest we create the 0.8.0 branch now, and change the master to 0.8.1
We may end up having to modify the 0.8.0 before we announce a release,
but as I say we don't have a large volume of users.