Re: [Denemo-devel] version 0.8.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] version 0.8.0
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:37:25 +0100

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 19:42 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > themselves
> > >
> > > Should I call it .8.0 candidate 1? or revert it back to 0.7.9?
> > I presume it has to be a numeric triple (major, minor, micro)?
>
> I can do 0.8.0RC1 if you want. I just tried it and it worked.
Oh, right, this is a lot less tightly controlled than I thought.

> > What we could do is put Master at 0.8.1 our unstable development with
> > Scheme interface, and when the release happens release 0.8.2
>
> Its up to you. I created a 0.8.0 branch. Would this be the correct
> label.

Yes let's go with that, and change the master branch now to be version
0.8.1

> I can easy change it to whatever you want. You can see the branch
> tree by typing:
>
> git branch -r
>
> > That will avoid uncertainty.
> > $64,000 question: does anyone have an object to releasing now?
>
> I do not object.
>
> > I am struggling with getting the guile stuff to compile under windows...
I've built for windows now. One of the scripts (the tied note of
arbitrary duration) fails to load killing denemo, but a lot seems to be
working. I'm uploading it now as a snapshot to
http://www.rshann.plus.com/denemo.html
If a few windows users can try it I would be grateful - it does now
write to the registry, setting the environment variable LOAD_GUILE_PATH
for finding the guile scripts that it needs (I had to hunt through the
source code to find out about this, in fact I spent a day wading through
rivers of blood to get guile into denemo on windows).

> Unfortunately I do not see a pkg-config file for guile yet in Ubuntu.
> This is true even with version 1.8. We can provide a pkg-config file for
> denemo users or we can continue to require g-wrap. What do you think?
I think this is grounds for delaying an official release. What does
g-wrap do to get its dependency working (ie what does its configure.am
look like)? It is not at all nice to require packages we don't use.