[Denemo-devel] Configure: Portaudio vs. Libxml2

From: N. Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Configure: Portaudio vs. Libxml2
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:21:22 +0200

Hi list,

./configure don't test portaudio-dev the right way and gives an libxml2 error instead.

Since ever I had massive problems compiling denemo from source. I always got an libxml2 error in configure. Everything was right, there files were in the right path and with a right version. Nobody was able to help me.

I looked in the config.log, but since I'm not a programmer I was not able to read it properly. I only saw that next to the libxml2-tests there is an portaudio test. .. Why not, I thought, it has to be somewhere.

Now I read about switching to portaudio 19. Beeing just courious I looked up which version I have and I saw there is no portaudio-dev installed on my system. Made it and the libxml2 error has gone away.