ddd

Re: pydb [was: The DDD tree ...]

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: pydb [was: The DDD tree ...]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:11:35 -0400

David Relson writes:
 > On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:43:18 -0400
 > R. Bernstein wrote:
 >
 > > David Relson writes:
 > >  > Perchance, does the latest pydb remember breakpoints after a
 > >  > restart command?  That's the feature I'd most like to see!
 > >
 > > It's there. The older pydb didn't have a gdb "run" command, so ddd
                     ^^^^^
 > > *had* to do an "exec" of the program to restart.  The exec kills
 > > breakpoints
                                                                ^^^^
 > Hi Rocky,
 >
 > Usually I'm restarting the debugger because I found a problem and
 > changed the code.  It seems that what I need is a way to restart the
 > python interpreter and have persistent breakpoints.  The obvious
 > approach is for pydb to keep a list of breakpoints and apply them on
 > restart.  Since that hasn't been done, I'm guessing the solution is
 > much harder to implement than that.  Sigh ...

Reread the first sentence again. Get a current pydb from

and while you are there, get the ddd-3.3.12-test5.

You can get pydb also from the Python Cheese shop or one of the
packages mentioned in http://bashdb.sf.net/pydb.

(P.S. Also do take a look at what's been written at the above URL; it
might answer questions you have as it would have in the past.)