ddd

Re: Problem Running DDD

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Problem Running DDD
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:32:16 +0200

Sriharsha wrote:
Hello Everyone,

we have a custom processor for which we have ported version 3.2 of gcc (though not an official port yet) (which includes gdb). All the tool-names are prefixed as "rpine-elf32-<toolname>". At present the processor is realized on an FPGA. So, we need to specify the target as fpga in gdb.

Our toolchain is installed in the directory: /opt/GNUPlus/rpine/

Now, I want to integrate ddd with this version of gdb, and so I issued the command as follows (as root, as connecting to fpga via parallel port needs root previleages in Redhat Linux 8.0)

root$ ddd --debugger /opt/GNUPlus/rpine/bin/rpine-elf32-gdb --gdb /usr/Project125/alpha/a.out

This command is making ddd start.
Then I issued the command:
"tar fpga /dev/lp0" (this command, I issue from command line also).
Then I issued the command:
"load /usr/Project125/alpha/a.out"

Here, it is loading all the sections and then Seg Faulting (gdb is segfaulting, therby causing ddd to restart/quit).

This cannot be a problem with our gdb as it is working perfectly fine from Command Line. Its only when I integrate with 'ddd' that I am getting the problem and hence my question is in this list.

Please advice where I am going wrong.

Kind regards,
Sriharsha.

Hi Sriharsha,

Try using ddd's --log option to view *exactly* what DDD is sending to
your gdb.  Then try to identify which sequence of commands causes it to
blow up.  Then either fix your gdb, or fix ddd to not send those commands.

Andrew.