ddd

Problem Running DDD

From: Sriharsha
Subject: Problem Running DDD
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:05:11 +0530

Hello Everyone,

we have a custom processor for which we have ported version 3.2 of gcc (though not an official port yet) (which includes gdb). All the tool-names are prefixed as "rpine-elf32-<toolname>". At present the processor is realized on an FPGA. So, we need to specify the target as fpga in gdb.

Our toolchain is installed in the directory: /opt/GNUPlus/rpine/

Now, I want to integrate ddd with this version of gdb, and so I issued the command as follows (as root, as connecting to fpga via parallel port needs root previleages in Redhat Linux 8.0)

root$ ddd --debugger /opt/GNUPlus/rpine/bin/rpine-elf32-gdb --gdb /usr/Project125/alpha/a.out

This command is making ddd start.
Then I issued the command:
"tar fpga /dev/lp0" (this command, I issue from command line also).
Then I issued the command:
"load /usr/Project125/alpha/a.out"

Here, it is loading all the sections and then Seg Faulting (gdb is segfaulting, therby causing ddd to restart/quit).

This cannot be a problem with our gdb as it is working perfectly fine from Command Line. Its only when I integrate with 'ddd' that I am getting the problem and hence my question is in this list.

Please advice where I am going wrong.

Kind regards,
Sriharsha.

-

*****************************
* Sriharsha Vedurmudi
* Software Engineer
* * Redpine Signals Inc.
* Gate #395, Plot 87,88
* Sagar Society, Road #2, * Banjara Hills,
* Hyderabad - 500 034
* www.redpinesignals.com
*
* +91-40-23559911  (Office)