ddd

Re: None

From: Rich Bodo
Subject: Re: None
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Andrew Lees wrote:

> On Sunday 06 April 2003 13:22, Rich Bodo wrote:
> > I had the same problem.  Long saga on the way to giving up.  I had to
> > get the only later version of ddd I could find, located at the bashdb
> > site (search sourceforge).  That helped, but I still had to modify the
> > config options (see my posts to bug-ddd).  The original reasons I
> > downloaded ddd are because:
> >
> > 1) it's a cool idea and probably would save me time
> > 2) the mozilla build instructions specifically told me to.
> >

> Noone uses ddd anymore???  I wouldn't use anything else (unless it was better,
> of course, and I keep a look out but haven't found anything better yet).  I
> have always compiled DDD against Motif and had no problems on any system to
> date.  Perhaps get hold of Open Motif and try that?  DDD really is worth
> getting operational for any serious debugging work.

Well, that's encouraging, anyway.  Thanks for the Open Motif
suggestion.  After giving up the last time, I conducted a quick survey
of irc developers on channels such as #mozilla and got a series of
negative responses.  That, the web site, and the zero responses on
ddd-bug-list gave me little hope.

I might give debugging it a try.  I have tried the motif libraries
that come with redhat and the latest lesstif.  I'll try Open Motif.  I
have the latest GCC and libc, which might be causing problems as
well.

Which versions of ddd, gcc, and Open Motif are you using?

My original goal was to debug mozilla from cvs with ddd.  Anyone on
this list using DDD for that purpose?

-Rich

Rich Bodo | address@hidden | 650-964-4678