ddd

building DDD - Suse Linux + LessTif

From: David Johnson
Subject: building DDD - Suse Linux + LessTif
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:30:19 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to use DDD under Suse.

The first problem I encountered was that Suse includes openMotif but apparently not libXm.a.
(Only libXm.s0.2).  To work around this, I installed LessTif.  This was a problem because there are some file conflicts (I guess) between LessTif and openMotif.  By telling the package manager to overwrite files, LessTif can be installed.

Now the problem I am having is in VSLRead.C, which includes vsl-gramma.C.
Somewhere in there, somehow, the compiler is complaining that in function VSLLib_parse, in y.tab.c,
getenv() is being passed too many arguments.

It's very strange, y.tab.c doesn't seem to exist on my system.  Is this somehow generated at compile time and then disappears?  Ah, or maybe it's in a library that's out of sync?

Any ideas appreciated.