ddd

Linking problems with Solaris Workshop 5.0

From: INGHAM,CHRIS (HP-FtCollins,ex1)
Subject: Linking problems with Solaris Workshop 5.0
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:09:08 -0700

Hello,

  I've tried to build DDD 3.3 and 3.3.1 on Solaris 2.6 using the Workshop
5.0 CC and cc compilers and GNU make, and am running into the following
undefined symbol errors when trying to link vsl:

void set_status(string,bool)
./SunWS_cache/CC_obj_h/hmKoQfjt8gzlYGTO8uAp.o
void unlock_status()
./SunWS_cache/CC_obj_h/hmKoQfjt8gzlYGTO8uAp.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to vsl

  These methods are defined in status.C, but status.o doesn't appear as an
argument -- I tried this and got a slew of other undefined symbol errors.

  From the error message, it looks like Workshop CC is using a cached object
file that it shouldn't be using
(template instantiations or inline methods?);  Can anyone who has
successfully built with Workshop CC offer any insight?

  Thanks in advance,

     Chris Ingham

Chris Ingham                            Tel.:  +1 (970) 898-0570
Software Design Engineer                Fax:   +1 (970) 898-4292
OpenView Business Unit                  Mailstop: OVT  5LH6
Hewlett-Packard Company                 3404 E. Harmony Road
www.openview.hp.com                     Fort Collins, CO  80528-9599  USA