ddd

RE: building DDD - Suse Linux + LessTif

From: David Johnson
Subject: RE: building DDD - Suse Linux + LessTif
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:20:55 -0400

Well that got past the compile but then the linker couldn't find:
getenv (char const*)
Don't know why it shows it that way, when it's const char* that I changed the prototype to.
So I tried, in the Makefile, adding $(LIBC) to the end of the library list.  It's defined just above there but seemed to be missing from the list of all libraries.

That didn't help though.

Then I noticed that the section that needs getenv() is skipped if YYDEBUG is zero, so I changed that in
the start of vsl-gamma.C.

Now I have DDD build and running.

I assume that my problems derive from oddities of my Suse environment, but I thought I'd document them here, maybe help someone else with similar issues.