ddd

Re: Correction to your WWW-page

From: Domenic R. Merenda
Subject: Re: Correction to your WWW-page
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:07:39 -0500

rms,

   I haven't really been following this thread, but if you're referring to
the BeOpen Portal Network, please allow me to clarify.  You and I spent some
time debating phraseology for "Free Software" in Montreal at the Linux
Business Expo, as well as the possibility of a Free Software magazine.  We
were a premier sponsor (we're the company on the cover of the expo guide,
also) of this event.  We are not actively selling software or support at
this time.  The links and resources we provide to the community are free of
charge for all to enjoy.  Our web-sites include BeOpen.com, GNULinux.com,
and LinuxDEV.net.  Formerly, we also developed and maintained Geeks404.com,
PythonLabs.com, and Python.net.

   On a side note, BeOpen.com was also the company which employed Guido van
Rossum and his core team of Python developers.  During this time, we
released Python 2.0, freeing this software from many of the restrictions of
CNRI's license.  You personally have provided us with interviews through one
of our staff writers, Sam Williams.  Bob Weiner, or founder, is the creator
of the popular software packages Infodock, Hyperbole, and The OO-Browser.
He was also a part of Project Athena at MIT.

   Does this jog your memory of the site?

Thanks.
--
Domenic R. Merenda
Vice President, Business Development and Sales