ddd

Re: Correction to your WWW-page

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Correction to your WWW-page
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:14:39 -0700 (MST)

    > Thanks a lot for sending us the info. But the website you mnention
    > is a commercial site, and "sells" csoftware, and hence we cannot
    > make a link to it.

Selling copies of free software is not against our principles.  If all
the software they sell is free software, that is no obstacle to our
making a link to their site.

We have a second rule for links: we don't link to sites that have
obnoxious sales-pressure in their tone.  (This is not the same
as simply selling things--that, in itself, is not objectionable.)

I have not seen the site myself, so I don't know how it shapes
up on these two criteria.