dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Linux 2.6 SELinux problem ??

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Linux 2.6 SELinux problem ??
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:55:15 +0200

Gregory Hinton Nietsky wrote:
what am i missing is there something in the policy file that needs to instruct hte kernel to use query dazuko ??

While trying to load the kernel module there should be an kernel message generated. This would typically be in /var/log/messages, but for your system it maybe somewhere else (or not logged at all?). The error message should say that a security module is already loaded.

With 2.6, only one security module may be loaded (in your case, SELinux). More modules can be added, but they must "piggy-back" on the existing modules. If the existing modules do not support this "piggy-backing", then it is not possible.

The only way that you can load Dazuko with 2.6 is if you do not use any security modules (no SELinux, no Capabilities). Just enable Security and that's it.

There is a project called "Stacker" that provides a module, whose only job is to allow anyone and everyone "piggy-back". This module is not up-to-date with the 2.6 code. As soon as I get some time, I will be looking to bring this module up-to-date so that people with 2.6 can have multiple security modules.

I hope this answers some of your questions (although it may not relieve your frustration).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer