dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] installing dazuko on Linux 2.4.20-30.9

From: Holger Wansing
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] installing dazuko on Linux 2.4.20-30.9
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:24:51 +0200

Hi,

> How do I install and get it to still see it after a reboot??
>
> if I use "insmod dazuko.o" it works.  I can then see it  using "cat
> /proc/devices", but after a reboot it's gone.

That depends on the application that uses dazuko.

While dazuko is only a helper application, one way to load the module
is to let the application do the job that uses dazuko.
I have a antivir that uses dazuko, and when the antivir is started by
/etc/init.d- Script, it loads the kernel module before.

The other way is to load the module at boot time. At debian one has to
put it in /etc/modules, don't know of other distributions.

--
Gruss
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 0.9.6-claws
        under Debian GNU LINUX 3.0 Woody.
                Registered LinuxUser #311290
                        Spam filtering powered by Spamassassin.org