Re: "full" man pages, please?

From: Reuti
Subject: Re: "full" man pages, please?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 22:51:05 +0100

Am 21.03.2017 um 17:27 schrieb Mike Hodson:

> [...]

I wrote man pages, and in the beginning also info pages, for the tools I
programmed for my users. My experience was: it's quite easy to navigate inside
the info tree when you are aware of its structure. Most likely, as you
programmed it yourself. But in other info pages I got lost too often: is it the
next next node on the same level or in the document?

Looking for the option "maxdepth" in `info find`: do I have to use "i" or "s"?
Not to mention that curly braces to search forth and back need (again) a
modifier key on a German keyboard. I understand that it might be easier to
navigate inside the document with an US keyboard.

-- Reuti