Re: problem in ./bootstrap

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: problem in ./bootstrap
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 19:07:57 -0600

On 01/25/2017 07:02 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> I added the files to local.mk in the 'src' dir, but now I get:
>> cd . && /bin/sh /home/tools/coreutils/work2/coreutils/build-aux/missing
>> automake-1.13 --gnu Makefile
>> src/local.mk:367: warning: variable 'src_retab_SOURCES' is defined but
>> no program or
>> src/local.mk:367: library has 'src_retab' as canonical name (possible typo)
>
> Are you trying to add 'retab' as a new coreutils? It may help if you
> post the patch you are trying so far, to see if others can spot your
> problems, rather than just diagnosing your symptoms.  As Pádraig
> mentioned, seeing how other additions have happened in the past may be
> instructive, as it is more than just src/local.mk that needs a modification.

In particular, coreutils computes a list of bin_progs at configure time
via the auxiliary script build-aux/gen-lists-of-programs.sh, so it
sounds like you need to tweak that file in order to fix the automake
failures about no program corresponding to src_retab as a canonical name
(which in turn may require another run of bootstrap to propagate the
changes where they are needed).