cl-bibtex-users

Re: [Cl-bibtex-users] Project still active?

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Cl-bibtex-users] Project still active?
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthias Koeppe <address@hidden> wrote:

> C Y <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Is there any work going on currently on cl-bibtex?
>
> No, I have not worked on it since 2003.
> However, it is a complete and stable re-implementation of BibTeX.

Good to hear!

> > I am interested because the ability to handle bibtex files in lisp
> > has become interesting in a project, and it would be convenient to
> > be able to leverage the cl-bibtex project as a start.
>
> Sure, go ahead.  If you find any bugs, I'll be happy to fix them.

Two questions, which I hate having to ask - cl-bibtex is GPL licensed,
which is OK, but does that mean any software using the cl-bibtex
functionality must also be GPL?  Also, is it GPLv2 only or does it have
the "or any later version" clause?

In the past I've heard some questions about how the GPL and Lisp's
ideas of libraries interact - I just want to make sure I understand the
intent of cl-bibtex in this respect (I use Modified BSD for Lisp code
for this reason - it's simpler.)

I'd also like to say I'm very impressed with the amount of work that's
gone into cl-bibtex, particularly the handling of bst files - that's a
scary language!

Cheers, and thanks.

CY

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.