cjk-list

Re: [cjk] [mailman] texlive svn write access Fw: Re: revisiting ttf2tfm

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] [mailman] texlive svn write access Fw: Re: revisiting ttf2tfm and dvipdfmx
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:46:27 +0100

Karl Berry wrote:
Regarding freetype1: for the record, our plan/hope was to drop it next
year (TeX Live 2014).  As Peter reminded me, once ttf2pk2 has been
sufficiently tested (it's already in the TL repo), texk/ttf2pk can be
dropped and freetype1 with it.

So there's no point in spending time on it.

This whole thread is giving me the impression that ttf2pk2 has only been tested on Computer Modern Roman, and only intended for use with that one font. I sincerely hope that texk/ttf2pk continues to be available for another year or two, even if nobody is spending time on it.

There is still the indeterminism issue which is extremely easy to see on a few dozen of fonts from half a dozen vendors, and not touched upon.

FWIW, I did volunteer, which was the beginning of this thread.

Hin-Tak