Re: New Egg: posix-regex

From: Sören Tempel
Subject: Re: New Egg: posix-regex
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 22:11:09 +0100

Mario Domenech Goulart <mario@parenteses.org> wrote:
> Hi Sören,

Hi Mario,

> Many thanks.  Your egg has been added to the coop.

Thanks a lot!

> Regarding documentation: all fine.  Some people create it in advance,
> some after the egg gets added.  Both are good as long as we eventually
> have some documentation. :-)

Great, I have added documentation to the wiki.

> Some nitpicking: is the dependency on r7rs really necessary, assuming
> your egg uses the FFI, which is CHICKEN-specific?

I initially extracted this code from an ed(1) implementation which I am
writing atm in R7RS Scheme, which is why the posix-regex code is also
still R7RS. I suppose it should indeed be possible to get rid of the
dependency. I will keep this in mind as an enhancement for a future
version of posix-regex :)

Greetings,
Sören