New Egg: posix-regex

From: Sören Tempel
Subject: New Egg: posix-regex
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:55:29 +0100

Hello,

I have written a small library to wrap the regcomp(3), regexec(3), and
regerror(3) POSIX functions. This allows using strict POSIX Basic
Regular Expressions (BREs) and Extended Regular Expressions (EREs) from
CHICKEN code. My understanding is that irregex only supports EREs with
PCRE extensions (hence the need for this egg).

I would like to see it added to the egg repository. The source code is
hosted at https://github.com/nmeum/posix-regex. The release info file is
available at:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nmeum/posix-regex/main/posix-regex.release-info

I have performed tests with test-new-egg and only the documentation step
fails. I assume this is due to the fact that I haven't created a Wiki
page yet, I will do so after the egg is added to the repository (it
wasn't clear to me whether Documentation should be created beforehand).

Let me know if there is anything that needs to be adjusted.

Please CC me, I am not subscribed to the list.

Greetings,
Sören