Re: New Egg: posix-regex

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: New Egg: posix-regex
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 18:07:44 +0100

Hi Sören,

On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:55:29 +0100 Sören Tempel <soeren@soeren-tempel.net>
wrote:

> I have written a small library to wrap the regcomp(3), regexec(3), and
> regerror(3) POSIX functions. This allows using strict POSIX Basic
> Regular Expressions (BREs) and Extended Regular Expressions (EREs) from
> CHICKEN code. My understanding is that irregex only supports EREs with
> PCRE extensions (hence the need for this egg).
>
> I would like to see it added to the egg repository. The source code is
> hosted at https://github.com/nmeum/posix-regex. The release info file is
> available at:
>

> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nmeum/posix-regex/main/posix-regex.release-info
>
> I have performed tests with test-new-egg and only the documentation step
> fails. I assume this is due to the fact that I haven't created a Wiki
> page yet, I will do so after the egg is added to the repository (it
> wasn't clear to me whether Documentation should be created beforehand).
>
> Let me know if there is anything that needs to be adjusted.
>
> Please CC me, I am not subscribed to the list.

Many thanks.  Your egg has been added to the coop.

Regarding documentation: all fine.  Some people create it in advance,
some after the egg gets added.  Both are good as long as we eventually
have some documentation. :-)

Some nitpicking: is the dependency on r7rs really necessary, assuming
your egg uses the FFI, which is CHICKEN-specific?

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario