Re: [Chicken-users] Homepage design proposal

From: Bahman Movaqar
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Homepage design proposal
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:17:17 +0330

I strongly disagree with using CHICKEN for the website. Let's keep things simple by using the right tool for the job.

These days there are some good static website generators out there, like JBake and Jekyll, with which one can use HTML or asciidoc or Markdown to generate a static website. Hosting these kind of websites is extremely cheap: they only need HTML (no PHP or .NET or anything). And they are very fast. The website content can be version'ed on a git repository and regenerated and copied to the web-server upon a git push.

Just my 2 cents.