[Chicken-users] Who wants to lead Chicken projets?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] Who wants to lead Chicken projets?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 00:13:56 -0800

I have deduced that leadership, rather than skills, is the limiting resource of open source development. Without 1 key person driving any given project forwards, there is no project.

So my question is, who here wants to lead a Chicken project? Meaning, a project based on your interest. The goal would be to get other people to join your project, under your leadership.

It has been pointed out that some people don't mind contributing stuff, but they don't want to maintain it forever. What they're saying is, they don't want to be the leader indefinitely. And some people don't want to be the leader at all. A lot of people can't; they don't have / won't make the time. Some people aren't cut out to lead, they're just not that good with people. Or maybe they're not good at organizing people. Or whatever. The point is, a lot more people can contribute, than can lead.

If you want to lead some Chicken project, please tell us what you have in mind. Perhaps we can find people to assist you. Also, people who want to lead projects, can discuss common strategies of getting projects to happen. Maybe there's infrastructure that all Chicken projects could benefit from, that would make them easier. Or maybe a simple sharing of managerial wisdom is the biggest bang for the buck.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every