[certi-dev] IEEE-1516 update

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: [certi-dev] IEEE-1516 update
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:24:05 +0200

Hi All,

I've just checked-in the IEEE-1516 support update from Jeroen:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10290

As far as I understand Jeroen and its collegue have finished working
on this, at least for now.
Most of the work have been merged in the current CVS HEAD today
there remain some issue/unfinished merge:

1) Jeroen proposed a way to circumvent the circular dependency hell
using a static
    lib. but I'm still not sure it is the [good] way to go. By the way the trick
    does not compile on Linux.

    I did open a bug specifically for that on the tracker:
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30003

2) Jeroen did implement test cases inside the CERTI tree.
    I did put thoses Tests in HLA TestsSuite because they should be
RTI agnostic.
    However I did not have time [yet] to automate
     their launch using dtest [volunteer are welcomed].

    Current CVS HEAD did pass ALL the currently automated tests.

Whatever, I'm very glad of this contribution to CERTI,
I invite/urge any of you to update your CVS tree and try it with your
applications.

Please do it with your favorite OS/compiler combination such that we can cure
platform specific issues before the 3.4.0 release.

I think there is not-too-much of blocking issues that should delay
CERTI 3.4.0 release.

Be aware that CERTI 3.4.0 will break "on-the-wire" compatibility with
CERTI 3.3.x series
however you get this first set of 1516 support and the Java 1.3 binding
(cf https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6905)

If nobody is shouting loud here on the list, my next work with CERTI
will be to prepare
the 3.4.0 release.

http://www.april.org