RE: [certi-dev] I have experienced some troubles using CERTI and HLAlibr

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] I have experienced some troubles using CERTI and HLAlibraries
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:12:23 +0200

Maxim,
To answer your first question

> Why do I need to add every time that string #define
> RTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM, into RTI.hh file?
>
> But in the other case
>
> #ifdef RTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM
> #include <fstream>
> #define RTI_STD std
> #else
> #include <fstream.h>
> #define RTI_STD
> #endif
>
> I`ve got error - fstream.h not found.
>
> That`s necessary to do ( #define  RTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM) on
> WindowsXP,Vista,7, and Debian,Ubuntu 8-10.04 OS, etc.?

Short answer: yes.

RTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM is a mandatory define if you use the standard STL
implementation. At the SISO server it's explained that "without
RTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM federate developers would always wind up with the pre C++
`98 iostream implementation (iostream.h instead of iostream)".

> How to resolve that?

For gcc you can include the define in your Makefile by putting
-DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM as a gcc parameter. If you use CMake, you may consider
using the FindRTI.cmake that does define this for you automatically.

Hope this helps. If not, please ask again. ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr