Re: Syntax error on valid file?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: Syntax error on valid file?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:26:46 +0200

2007/8/9, Forty Nine <address@hidden>:

> I played around with the file a little bit and discovered that the syntax
> error is caused by having a parameter inside of a class that also has
> classes derived from it (class or parameter coming first doesn't seem to
> matter; both cause errors).

Nice shot this seems to be a CERTI fed parser bug.
The file structure seems Ok to me from what read from HLA specifications.
I did open a bug in the tracker
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?20727

> Is this a problem with CERTI or a problem with the file?  Does anyone have
> any suggested work arounds?

I did add you to the carbon copy list of this bug on the tracker
such that you will automatically receive follow-up.

At first glance I do not see a workaround unless you may suppress
the "(parameter Time)"  from the TacticalBookmark interaction class:

  (class TacticalBookmark best_effort receive
     (parameter Time)
   (class BlueOnBlueDirect best_effort receive
     (parameter FiringPlatformID)
The buggy case seems to occur iff you define a parameter
with a subclass i.e.:

(class TacticalBookmark best_effort receive
   (class BlueOnBlueDirect best_effort receive
     (parameter FiringPlatformID)
should be parsed OK.

I cannot promise you any timeline for the correction of the bug
but we pleasefully accept patch :=)

I would say that fixing the .yy file should be enough but I did not tried (yet).
If you are willing to try to provide a patch for this,
don't hesitate to tell us.

Thank you for reporting this issue.