Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac

From: John Brownie
Subject: Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:42:24 +1100

Further progress. If I compile it without optimisations, it runs, but no panes with Bible text appear in the window. I could create a project and import a USFM file into it, but nothing appears. The navigation menus show that I have the book imported, but still no text. If I then try to show notes, I get another null pointer crash in the timeout routine of ShowNotesDialog.

To make life more difficult in debugging, I have to launch the program and then attach the debugger from a different terminal session, as trying to start it from gdb brings up a dialog that Bibledit-gtk is already running and then it quits. Having been used to the Xcode debugger for some years now, going back to command-line gdb is painful!

John
--
John Brownie, address@hidden or address@hidden
On furlough in Australia from: