Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac

From: John Brownie
Subject: Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 09:12:18 +1100

I tried installing Bibledit on my Mac with 10.7.3, and ran into a library conflict when trying to start X11. Basically, there seem to be two JPEG libraries, the one installed with MacPorts in /opt/local/lib and the one in the system framework ImageIO. Somehow the library search order is wrong, looking for a routine in ImageIO in /opt/local/lib and failing:

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libJPEG.dylib
in /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO

It may be possible to find a work-around by fiddling with library search paths, but I'm not sure how or where to do that.

The same problem came up when I was trying to install mono for getting FieldWorks to try to compile, so it's not just Bibledit that has the problem. Hence the cross-post to Collaborate Forum.

John
--
John Brownie, address@hidden or address@hidden
On furlough in Australia from: