Re: [be] remote repository difficulties

From: Tim Beckendorf
Subject: Re: [be] remote repository difficulties
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:46:30 +0200

Thank you Teus,

The ls command got me on the right track. It gave me the message that there was no such directory so I input ls /media . There was a directory repo there but it was empty. The directory needed was called repo_ and it contained the repository directory and data. I removed the empty repo directory, unmounted the flash drive and remounted it and everything works now. I have no idea how an empty repo directory was created in /media.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Tim

On /21/1/12 1:26 PM, Teus Benschop wrote:
It is puzzling that it works on two machines, but not on a third one.
Looks like there is some problem on that machine.

> From a terminal, what is the output of the following two commands on the
'broken' machine?

df

ls /media/repo/repository

Perhaps this might give a clue. The first command shows all mounted
drives, and the second one shows the files supposed to be in the
repository on the stick.