[be] help with git, please?

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] help with git, please?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:46:59 +1000

I'm sorry for double-posting, but this question relates to both groups.

A number of translation teams come to our regional centre for training & help. They are now using Bibledit, and we need to get BE's collaboration set up, with a repository on our local network NAS server.

None of us here has much experience with git or with server setup, and BE's collaboration doc doesn't quite fit our situation.

Would anyone be willing to provide a bit of advice to us, please, so we get it set up right the first (or second) time, rather than fumbling around till we hit the right combination?

I'll explain in detail, either on- or off-list, what our questions are.

Many thanks in advance,
Kim